October 30, 2007

What's In a Hoop?

Currently a Day-of-the-Week towel :0). I so need to get this finished, lol.


However this post is not actually what is in the hoop, but about the hoop itself.


I found this hoop at a Mennonite yard sale. I absolutely love it! I have used if for a year or more. The spring is great. I know some do not like this because it will pinch your fabric if you take it off in a hastily manner. I have not had a problem with it doing any damage. The tension is perfect on it and I love the wood! The wood is smooth unlike the cheepies from Walmart.

So the reason for the post is... Who knows where I can get more of these? It is made by HoldTite in the USA or was. I have not seen anything like it since and for those of you out there that have one and would like to get rid of it, I am will to buy if from you.

7 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Looks great...can't wait to see it when you are done!

Have a blessed day!

kari and kijsa

Solstitches said...

Hi Elaine,
No help with the hoop from me I'm afraid although I have to say it does look extra special. So much nicer than plastic or those cheapo wooden ones.
I love nice stitching tools - hope you can find what you're looking for.
Your stitchery design is looking good too.

Margaret

~~Deby said...

oh it looks wonderful....I too am a stitcher...and I can't wait to see your finished project.
Deby

Anonymous said...

Hi Elaine,
I love the wooden hopps I have been on the look out for one. The plastic one i have don't hold as well.
I am so glad you stopped by. I love forward to getting to know you better.
As for the pizza I topped it with mushrooms,onions and hamburger. All which I cook before putting on the pizza. Then I top with cheese.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

I can't help you with the hoop either, but it does look like a very good quality one. Let's know if you have success locating more. Your stitchery looks interesting.

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

I love those great old wooden hoops too, I can only find them at thrift stores!
ps- I would love to make patterns but wouldnt have a clue where to start!
~hugs~
Ang

darlynn said...

That was the type of hoop I learned to embroider. I've never seen one in a store for sale. Will have to ask my mom is she still has one of those hoops hanging around the house that she wants to get rid of....hmmmmmmmmm